Business Development Manager
Maru/Blue is a tech driven insights solution firm focused on answering market problems with innovative, cost effective and time efficient solutions. This role focuses on Marketing, Advertising and PR agencies, while the business also delivers to brands and MR firms. Knowledge of brands and MR agencies is useful but not essential. Maru/Blue serves as a bridge across all channels. More importantly, Maru/Blue helps in connecting all their clients with the right audience in the right way.
Help lead the expansion of our company’s Data Insight collection services across the UK, Europe, and North American market. You will be responsible for selling our solutions and services to gain new business working closely with our marketing teams targeting, evangelising, prospecting, networking and nurturing accounts under your own initiative.
You will own and develop a territory plan, identify key targets, build account plans and profiles, demonstrate the ability to out-think and out-position our competition and develop lasting customer relationships. You will have a strong tendency to seek out opportunities and open them with a 'land and expand' approach. Using various sales methodologies and techniques, you will understand the needs of clients and prospects and bring fresh ideas and value to them using MARU’s solutions. You are driven, a self-starter and hunter who will build successful relationships with key decision makers. Equally you are a team player who knows how to sell with strategic services partners to meet prospects total needs to transform their customer experience.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is confident in selling solutions based platforms
- Is comfortable being provocative and delivering a consistent story to dislodge a customer’s status quo and highlight differentiation
- Is responsible for identifying and creating qualified sales opportunities
- Is responsible for building sales pipeline and generating revenue
- Can increase pipeline through active demand generation and targeted campaigns
- Can manage multiple customer calls and web presentations on a daily basis
- Can tell a fantastic, engaging story without using PowerPoint
You are a fit if you are:
- Interested in media/research/technology and in becoming an expert in your space
- Driven and self-motivated to be successful in whatever you do
- Collaborative: you naturally share ideas and never lose sight that you are part of a team
- Comfortable with leveraging multiple social channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, events, etc.) to make connections and start conversations with people
- Experienced in a quota-bearing sales role in an Agency environment
- Polished, and can get your message across easily
- Able to adapt to change and flourish in a dynamic environment
- A positive person, with the ability to excel under pressure
You bring these skills with you:
- A track record of driving new business through prospecting, outbound lead generation and closing sales
- Passion for technology, marketing and sales
- Active prospecting, nurturing and pipeline building using tools like Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Hootsuite, etc.
- Writing, crafting and honing engaging and attention-grabbing emails, proposals, letters and voice messages
- Experience in delivering presentations over web/phone
- An ability to develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products, solutions and services, relevant industry trends, and competition
- You have 1-3 years sales and/or account management experience at an Agency company.
- You are a strong listener and communicator
- A background in Market Research is valued but not a necessity
To apply email your CV to mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maru/Blue is an equal opportunity employer